Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cypress Pointe villas - Shuttle Bus ?

Am close to booking my accomodation now and am swinging towards the above for the extra in room amenities - but I have read somewhere that is has a shuttle bus (albeit run by a third party) to Disney parks. Can anyone confirm this please , even if they havent used, have they seen these shuttle buses ?





It is between this property or one that is 拢130 cheaper that does have the shuttle bus.





(and no, I am not hiring a car this trip)





Many thanks in advance..........



Cypress Pointe villas - Shuttle Bus ?


Perkin, have you seen on travelzoo.com (US site) they have a fantastic deal for Cypress Pointe if your dates are right via Endless Vacation Rentals? $344 for 1 week!!!!



http://hotels.travelzoo.com/orlando-hotels/



At that price you could take a taxi if there%26#39;s no shuttle!



Cypress Pointe villas - Shuttle Bus ?


Last time I stayed there (just over a year ago in June) they had shuttles. But I don%26#39;t know the cost and times. I%26#39;d call to get the info to be sure of the current practice. I always have a car and only go out at night w/o one.





I always drive to the parks. But I can tell you my taxi to DTD was $8, and the one to the Grand floridian was $17.





Enjoy. The location is great for ammenites like restaurants and groceries etc.




PS, if you want a late checkout and get a good rate, pay for an extra night as it is cheaper. If you ask for a late checkout they will charge you rack rate for a night. Local management are pretty snotty, but I like the place and the rooms.





you can always leave your lugage with the bell hop and got to DTD etc for you last day. I prefer to relax and pack.




In case it is of help, Cypress Pointe is about 1.5 miles from DownTown Disney, and about 1 mile from the nearest public bus (LYNX) stop. Both of these I would consider walkable. You will have your own view on this.




Thanks Mossyflossy!





Thanks Amanx,





I am now choosing between the Marriott Courtyard or Cypress pointe (2 bed apt) - both recommondations from yourself :-)




Thanks Scan60 - I have made mental note previously that you are the non-driving option meister! This will be my 4th trip , 3rd opting out of driving, but have never stayed in the LBV area before so I may be contacting you when I finally make my choice.




HTH





Both are very nice....Cypress is closer to Winn Dixie and Walgreens...think it said on Travelzoo it was $44 more per week for the 2 bed....can%26#39;t really go wrong with that, can u?




Marriott is good, but it has only a mini kitchen on the one bed suites, and no washer dryer (although there might be one in complex). there is a full breakfast buffet (inlc or not in your price but was $9 per adult when I was there). and a bar and small gift shop. 2 pools.





CP has full kitchen and wash/dryer in the units of 2 or 3 beds (one beds are just a studio). It even has a blender! 3 pools, one gift/snack shop. closer to a grocery store (out the side/back entrance is a Winn Dixie). I prefer the Phase one, but phase 2 has elevators if you are on a non ground floor.





What is the diff in price?




Amanx,





拢130 difference. To be honest , one priority for me is a balcony as I like to have my cup of tea out there in the morning to wake me up a bit (after the evening meall and bottle of vino) which I know I will get at Cypress, the other factor is my boyfriend smokes (i succesfully gave up in February - hurrah) so it would be nice if he could have a ciggie on the balcony which I gather he can do at Cypress (the narriotts only have designated areas).





Mossyflossy - I cant book it that soon, I have to wait till I get paid - but will check the site out again on pay day :-)




LBV is a large area with sparse bus service coverage. Choose your residence with care, or the willingness to pay cab fares or walk a distance (or drive, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment