Sunday, April 15, 2012

Long Beach Resort/Shores of Panama and nice pools

Has anyone stayed at Long Beach Resort this year? LBR has been a favorite of ours for many years, but we stayed there last July and the kids were disappointed with the cleanliness and maintenance of the pools, and the whole resort was starting to look worn.





We stayed at Shores of Panama for a few days in October and the kids really loved the pool, but I%26#39;m concerned about how well that resort can handle the large crowds during peak season. There is only one entrance to the parking deck for all those units and a limited amount of beach frontage when compared to LBR.





In years past the pool really didn%26#39;t enter into my decision process for places to stay, but my kids are older now and we%26#39;ve had several experiences with red flags over the last few years so that the gulf was inaccessible.





Any recommendations for other condos with great pools?



Long Beach Resort/Shores of Panama and nice pools


That concerns me to hear about LBR. I just gave a friend a recommendation to stay there! Hope I didn%26#39;t direct her wrong. Where is Shores?? Is it on FBR too or on Thomas Dr?



Long Beach Resort/Shores of Panama and nice pools


Shores is located between Long Beach Resort and Pineapple Willies.




I didn%26#39;t mean to sound like LBR has turned into a dump by any means. I think partly our impressions were jaded by seeing some of the newer resorts and facilities. Impressions of LBR also depend a great deal upon the owner of the condo and the level of care that they have given to a unit over the years. I would never recommend going through the office to rent at LBR though, because I%26#39;ve had a couple of terrible experiences doing that.




I%26#39;m also concerned about the Long Beach. We are heading to PCB our first time at the end of June. After a lot of research, I chose Long Beach for it%26#39;s floor plan (both bedrooms facing the gulf) and pool area. Hoping I made the right choice since we just sent in the payment last week. We rented thru VRBO.




Ok, thanks for the clarification...I was thinking it was near PWs but not certain.




We have stayed at Long Beach for the past 3 years. But like alot of people thinking of mixing things up this year and going West. LB will always be a favorite of ours. Walking distance to P. Willys and Salty%26#39;s and to Wally World. We like the side pools they have since it is quieter than the big lagoon pool. But we go in late August and it seems to be pretty quiet any where you go in PCB. Good luck with your decision.




We have a week long stay booked at LBR next month. I%26#39;m hoping that e everything will be as nice as I remember it. If anyone stays here in the next few weeks, I would love to hear some feedback. I checked the reviews out here, but nothing%26#39;s been posted since March.



We stayed at LBR 3 years in a row, but the last year was 2006. Of course the pools were wonderful then, but a lot could have changed since then.




Can%26#39;t help you with a review this year but we stayed at LB in Aug of 08 and the pools were fine then.




We finally decided to go back to Long Beach Resort the week of June 21 this year. We have always enjoyed our stays there and hopefully the maintenance has not declined.





We strongly considered Shores of Panama but I just have no confidence in the ability of that resort to handle the potential crowds of peak season. We may try to return there on Fall break in October when the crowds are not an issue.




Hey Bigfoot-my crew is also staying at LBR 6/21 thru 6/28. We%26#39;re in Tower 2, 10th floor.





We%26#39;ve got just over two weeks!


  • makeup skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment