Sunday, April 15, 2012

siesta key v.s st petes beach

My husband and I are flying into Tampa in May and stayung in Florida for 10 days. After 5 or so nights on the beach we are planning to drive up to Savannah via St Augustine, but can%26#39;t work out which is the best beach to stay on while in Florida... St Petes area sounds like it has everything there but have read that it is over developed and tacky. we are early 30%26#39;s and just want to be able to go to nice restaurants and relax really in a nice environment. as we have baby on the way nothing too hectic! but also not too quiet and isolated either - decsisions, decisions! please help - which beach would suit us best st petes or siesta key or another one?! thks.









siesta key v.s st petes beach


St.Pete Beach is really nice! There is a lot of ';trouble'; and many things to do!





Siesta Beach has one of the best, whitest and finest Beaches I´ve been to! Really outstanding and nice.





Another good choice would be Anna Maria Island (old florida charme) Longboat (VERY calm) or Sanibel Island (also calm and way further south!)





I know all these areas and I decided to buy on Anna Maria. I love this Island because there is a lot to do in the evening (restaurants/Bar) but usually less tourists (like me :-))



siesta key v.s st petes beach


If you stick to the St. Pete Beach area, I would recommend going to Pass-a-Grille, which is the southern most area. It seems a bit more laid back. I recently visited Anna Maria Island, which is great, but takes about an hour to get to, and a bit further, another 30 min. or so, to get to Siesta Beach. If you like swimming, the shells at Pass-a-Grille can be bothersome, but they are less on Anna Maria Island, and Siesta. All are lovely, and would be recommended. Anna Maria Island seems like the more laid back of the three locations to me. Have fun.




what do you mean by ';trouble';? and where might one find ';trouble';?



I%26#39;d be interested in some mild trouble...depending on what/where it is..

No comments:

Post a Comment