Thursday, April 12, 2012

Townsends Restaurant

Years ago there was a restaurant in downtown Orlando called Townsends Fishouse and Tavern. A sister property, more upscale, also called Townsends was located in Altamonte Springs. Does anyone know if either of these restaurants is still in existence? My best friend%26#39;s rehearsal dinner was at the Townsends location in Altamonte about 15 years ago, so I did not imagine this.



Townsends Restaurant


I remember Townsend%26#39;s Fishouse...it closed years ago.



The Altamonte Townsend%26#39;s (actually it was in Apopka and was called Townsend%26#39;s Plantation) closed about 4 years ago. It then became a restaurant called Captain and the Cowboy under different ownership, recently closed.



Clay Townsend, who owned Townsend%26#39;s Fishouse, is now an attorney in Orlando.



Townsends Restaurant


Thank you so much for the update. I had an idea too much time had passed and neither Townsends would still be open. Sad passing...much like East India Ice Cream Shop in Winter Park closing - that was the passing of an era.





Thanks again.




I remember East India....one of my favorite places. Great homemade ice cream and huuuge sandwiches. There%26#39;s another place on Park Ave now called the Briarpatch. It%26#39;s owned by the same people who owned East India. Different menu and type of food, but still have the same great ice cream!




had some good times at the old townsends on michigan




jtb: you, too? Was one of my hangouts when I was young and single!


  • makeup skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment