Sunday, April 15, 2012

FL to Homestead

We will be in FT Lauderdale the week of Homestead weekend and are going to the race. Which is the best route to take to get there and back. Last year we stayed in Doral and I95 was a mess returning from the race. I don%26#39;t think we can avoid all traffic, but what is the best least busy option?





Thanks,





FL to Homestead


I don%26#39;t know where in Homestead the race is but bellow are general directions courtesy of googlemaps.com





Note that the Florida Tpke. is a toll road.







Drive: 62.2 mi 鈥?about 1 hour 9 mins



From FLL



1. Head northwest 0.4 mi



2. Continue straight onto Terminal Dr 1.0 mi



3. Merge onto I-595 W via the ramp to I-95/Florida%26#39;s Turnpike 5.0 mi



4. Take exit 8 %26amp; 9 for Florida%26#39;s Turnpike Toll 1.5 mi



5. Follow signs for Miami/Florida%26#39;s Turnpike S and merge onto Florida%26#39;s Turnpike S



Partial toll road 52.7 mi



6. Take exit 2 for Campbell Dr toward Homestead 0.3 mi



7. Turn left at SW 312th St/NE 8th St/Campbell Dr 1.3 mi



8. Turn left at S Dixie Hwy/S Federal Hwy/N Homestead Blvd/US-1 S 427 ft





To: Homestead, FL















FL to Homestead


This is a map of the suggested outbound routes- none of which are I-95. I%26#39;d pay the small toll ( $4 I think ) and use the Turnpike. I believe the same site has map for inbound traffic as well:





homesteadmiamispeedway.com/seating_charts_ma鈥?/a>







I would never try to get to or from that area on I-95- it would be a nightmare even for those of us familiar with the area

No comments:

Post a Comment