Sunday, April 15, 2012

Choosing your seat!!!

Hi i%26#39;m about to choose my seats on Virgin for myself, other half and son.

Was just wondering what number seats people prefer, where they are in the cabin (front or back) and why?

Look forward to hear your views?

Choosing your seat!!!

Seatguru.com will tell you what you need to know!

Choosing your seat!!!

Ord, I clicked on this but it only shows a plane with 8 rows of seats? I couldn%26#39;t find anywhere else to go to get a bigger plane.

So I couldn%26#39;t find out if the seats I%26#39;ve booked on my VA flight are rated any good or not?!

I%26#39;ve had to book seats all over the place for my family as I couldn%26#39;t make head nor tail or VA%26#39;s website when I booked the flights and couldn%26#39;t find anything on booking our seats, so I thought must be done at check in. But have learnt fm this forum that%26#39;s not correct - even though one of VA%26#39;s staff told me it was when I rang to check!

Sorry if it%26#39;s easy to you Ord, but I cannot find all the seats on a plane here? Help!


Hi there

Just to let you know that we pre-booked our seats with Virgin when we booked back at the beginning of Feb (we go 25th Aug). I just happened to have a look last night to see how full our plane is now and was horrified to see that our seats coming back have been changed. Now obviously things happen and they are not guaranteed BUT there are 6 of us going, myself, hubbie, our 2 children and my elderly parents and they had moved us to show myself and hubbie together at the back of the plane, my mum and my children together further up the plane and my poor old dad on his own over the other side of the plane.

I called Virgin straight away and they tell me this is due to a change in the original aircraft. As there are very limited seats now we have had to accept 2 lots of 3 seats (we originally had 3 lots of 2 in order to have 3 window seats) we also like to be near the back of the plane to be able to get up regularly to stretch our legs without disturbing too many people.

I really am amazed how Virgin had split us up and have sent an email to their Customer Relations.

I also mentiond to them that as we are staying at a Villa we could come back the next day if need be. She re-calculated the holiday price which is now just over 拢200 cheaper than when we booked and we wouldnt be able to have the difference refunded, not a problem that%26#39;s the chance you take, but she then said we would still be charged 拢50 each for the change!!! I%26#39;ll let you all know what the response is.

Karen


http://www.seatguru.com/

Then look at the left menu; choose the letter V then Virgin Atlantic. And then, if you%26#39;re flying direct to Orlando, choose one of the ';744'; aircraft - look at them all.


Te seats are never guaranteed only ';requested'; and are often changed between requesting them and flying.


Virgin are ';upgrading'; some of their seat to a 34'; pitch which you can pay extra for. They will be allocated at check-in just like the exit row seats but cheaper. This is all according to V-Flyer.

I can only imagine that lots of people will be dissapointed in not getting the seats they had requested.This has already started June and should be completed on all flights by end of August.

IMHO this means lots of people trying to buy the bigger seats and a scramble at check-in to see who gets them first.Can picture people turning up 5 hours before hand.


I can%26#39;t really see where seatguru.com helps!!!

It only tells you about a few seats to beware of and mostly for the others %26#39;limited storage%26#39;. I was wondering about peoples own preference really.

Has anyone chose a seat number in the past and thought what a good position it was in, both for comfort and meal service. Or is every seat the same? If you want extra comfort and better service I guess you would upgrade eh?


We like rows 21-26....a bit like a separate cabin, and you get served by PE...or seats at back...but think that they are the ones that are going to be extra 拢拢拢

  • anyone been unemployed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment