Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just got an e-mail from Southernmost on the Beach....

That the middle building will be torn down. The pool will be closed 6/23 %26amp; 6/24. They lowered my reates but what does this mean to the guests as far as construction. Where is the middle building in comparison the pool and other accomodations. I%26#39;m worried now...



Just got an e-mail from Southernmost on the Beach....


You can also use the pool across the street at The Southernmost Hotel. They have a tiki bar. I actually liked better than the pool at Southernmost on the Beach.



Just got an e-mail from Southernmost on the Beach....


If I remember correctly the middle building is directly behind the pool.




Did you book directly or through a provider?



I did check their site and they are still taking reservations for later in July.




I emailed them to ask about all of this because we are staying at their properties the 26th of July for a week. We are staying at Dewey House but I wanted to know how this will affect our use of the pool, the sunning pier and about the noise.





The middle building (they told me) is the one that is directly next to that large pool. It will be torn down and a poolside tiki bar will be added at a later date. The other accomodations are on either side of that middle building! I think I would call and ask them a little more about this! It seems like it will be loud while they are getting the building down!





They told me that by the time we come they MAY have the pool reopened there but are not sure. There is also the possibility that the sunning pier may be closed (which stinks because it had been destroyed by the hurricane the last time we were down - we were looking forward to using it this time!). As far as noise concerns once the building is demolished they are not sure. She said so far the older buildings had acted as a buffer from the noise of the new construction but with one building gone that may not be the case. I am concerned a little about noise waking me up and the noise while I am relaxing - but I don%26#39;t want to change where I am staying as I love the Dewey House.





I would be more concerned if I were you though since you are staying at the Southernmost on the Beach. Are they tearing down that building WHILE you are there? I would call and ask a few more questions. And keep us updated please on what you find out -- and on what the experience was like if you do decide to stay there still.




This is bad news for my wife and me Me, We have vacationed many places and have not really had good luck with the places we have stayed until we found Southernmost on the beach last january. We had THE perfect vacation! now they are tearing it down, thats our luck, hopefully the new buildings will be ok, we are booked in January again.








crewbus - they are just tearing down one portion of the old building. The middle portion of the existing Southernmost on the Beach is what will be torn down. That is to make room for a pool side tiki bar (what they told me) and I am betting a courtyard type setting to connect the new sections to the older sections and beach area (just my speculation). Keep your eye out and make sure as things progress, but I bet you will be fine for January. They SAY it will be done late 2008 or early 2009. I bet most of the big jobs will be done by then at least.




I called the hotel to find out the exact details of the construction. They will be knocking down the middle building which should not take more than a day. The pool should be closed for 2 days if everything goes according to plan. Guests can use the pools at the hotel across the street. I think I%26#39;m just going to roll the dice and hope for the best. Probably won%26#39;t be at the hotel much during the day anyway just hope the construction doesn%26#39;t start too early.




Give us an update when you get back! Have a GREAT time!




Thats good news, Its sounds like it we be nice with the tiki bar, bring on the rum punch




Just Back. It sure looks like when they are finished with the new buildings the originals will be torn down. I%26#39;ll post some pics at the resort site. We had a couple isues while there but the staff was very helpful and did the best they could while trying to manage the place with all the major construction going on. For the most part we liked Key West but we prefer beachfront accomodations and activities in areas like Ft. Myers and Siesta Key. The food in Key West was great everywhere we ate. We had a good time and I%26#39;m glad we went. If we go again I would stay close to Mallory Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment