Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beach/water report

We will be in PCB next week. I am nervous reading some of the recent posts about the green waters and all the jelly fish. We have never been to the area before. Can anyone give a recent update to the conditions?



Beach/water report


I talked to a friend yesterday who had just returned from PC Beach, and I asked her the same question. She didn%26#39;t say anything about the sea life...jellyfish, sharks, etc. But she did say that the weater was beautiful and the water was pretty as well. She did say that there was a couple of days when the sea weed was pretty bad, but other than that it was great.





There is also a website that someone else had posted here that might be a useful tool for you. Go to www.mrsurfs.com. In the top left corner, there%26#39;s a link for surf reports. It is updated regularly and will give you a good report on how things are down there. Hope this helps!



Beach/water report


Thanks alot for the info. I will be checking it out. Just a little nervous. This is our big trip for the summer with our kids and I want it to be great;)




I am getting nervous too. We will be there 8/2. I%26#39;ve been to pcb two other times (although it was years ago) and there was never any problems with seaweed or jellies. We choose pcb because of the water and the ocean and it kinda freaks me out to think i cant get in it




Hi folks! I am in PCB now. There is a lot of seaweed in spots. There are just a few jellies today, not many. The weather is absolutely gorgeous and there are a ton of folks swimming in the gulf. The seaweed is only spotty and there are plenty of areas with none, they are easy to find because of the color of the water. You should have a wonderful time next week and I wish I could stay another week! Have a great time.




Glad that I could help.



I totally understand being nervous. We are leaving next Sunday to head down for a week, and I am nervous myself. When we%26#39;ve been in the past, we always went at the first of June, and though there was lots of seaweed, I never saw any jellies.



I read another thread where someone said that a local told her that the clear jelly fish don%26#39;t sting. It%26#39;s the ones with the red stripes that do. Have also read in a couple places that if you do happen to get stung that Windex or anything with ammonia will help take the sting out.



Hope y%26#39;all have a great trip!




Looking outside now. Seaweed has been a little heavy. It tends to gather in areas, so sometimes you just need to walk a little down the beach (not far) to get away from the heavy stuff or just wads out past where it gathers. It%26#39;s not too bad. Good news on the jellies is that the sting isn%26#39;t terrible bad. Agree about ammonia based cure.




Locals use vinegar in spray bottle for jellyfish stings. Several applications at 2-3 intervals will make you fearless of the spongy creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment