Tuesday, April 17, 2012

FLL airport to Miami

Hello,





After a lot of tergiversation, I have booked a room at the Sixty Sixty in Miami. I will still arrive at the FLL airport, at the Spirit Terminal, which is rather awful :(





I am not sure if I have to post this one in the FLL or Miami forum, I am going to try here. Can I go from FLL (airport) to Miami with Trirail? And how? Then I can take the Metrorail and at last the bus, my suitcases won%26#39;t be heavy. I checked all and printed out a lot of useful info, but I am a bit confused. Or is there another way?





I am fond of public transportation, and if I were not so busy with my own trip, I could help the poster from Cocobelle to the mall, I have many FLL routes here. I am sure in a few weeks I will have as many about Miami. For the time being, that would be very helpful to know and lose the least possible time. I will rent a car only for 2 days.





Thanks a lot, as always :)



FLL airport to Miami


Hi Alwynna!





As you know, Miami is far from my area of expertise, but it looks to me if you want to get to your accomodation on Indian Creek Drive , the regular bus, not TriRail is actually a lot better with only one transfer to be made.





You can pick up a Broward County Transit bus Route 1 South , which circles the baggage claim are of the Airport. be sure it is the Southbound Number 1 bus , not northbound, as they may both circle if I recall. It will go south all the way through Browrad County and into Dade County and its southernmost stop will be Aventura Mall in northern Dade County. At Aventura , you would transfer to the 119 So . bus, ( be sure you ask for a transfer ticket when you first board the bus at the Airportat least that it the way it used to work- I am sure the driver can help you.) the 119 South Bus goes all the way down Indian Creek Dr. and should stop pretty close to your hotel- once again ask your driver to help you find the closest stop, but it does run south along the very street your hotel is on.





The TriRail would take you way out of your way further west and south than I think you want to be and I am afraid would involve numerous transfers , including first a shuttle at FLL to even get to the TriRail Station and then changing again once more at least in Miami - and possibly twice. I really think the bus is the best plan - as long as you can handle your luggage. Or, you might ask in teh ( infamous ) Mimai Forum what they think taxi fare from Aventura Mall to your hotel would be - I am not sure how far south of there it is.





Whether the bus plan is a good one may depend on what time you anticipate arriving in FLL- I personally wouldn%26#39;t want to do it if the mall will already be closed , even if a bus should stop there . You also might make a trip to the desk outside each baggage claim at FLL where you see a white and green GO Van Shuttle sign- ask them the cost of a shared ride shuttle to the address of your hotel- I have no idea what it will be - obviously more than the bus, but if you get an estimate , you just might decide to stretch your budget and treat yourself to a van ride door to door , especially if you are tired from your flight.







Please though, double check my idea yourself with the Miamians to make sure it is a good one - I am familiar with that #1 bus and with Aventura- just not sure how well it would work after that as you head south on the 119 - something I%26#39;ve never done.





Good luck with your travel! Let me know how you make out!



FLL airport to Miami


Haha Lulu, so nice and funny!





I had thought about the train because of the traffic, they go straight... or not, but not stopped every 2 minutes. But you are probably right, and I have the route map and schedule for #1. I also know Aventura, but not more South than that.





I should arrive at FLL (Bertha permits) at around 3pm, after a less than 2 hours flight. so plenty of time to get to the hotel before night. The buses going there are 120, G, H, L, S, J. I can check if one of them comes from Aventura. What a wonderful tool internet is :) I can of course also post on the Miami forum. I found a previous post from AG giving tons of info around my hotel (cafes, restaurants etc...). I printed it out. So I am almost ready for the big adventure :)





Now I just have to pray the storm changes its mind, not very likely though.




I%26#39;m pretty sure the 120 bus cannot be gotten at Aventura- and I know the 119 goes down Indian Creek from Aventura, but I am not sure how close to your hotel. Maybe you can e-mail the hotel and ask what approximate taxi fare from Aventura would be- maybe you%26#39;ll be close enough that it won%26#39;t be bad.







I don%26#39;t think we have to worry at alll about Ms. Bertha- she is expected to turn north while she is out at sea and not predicted to hit anything on the East Coast of the US- of course we know that we ladies are not always predictable! Seriously though, it would be very unusual for a storm to come in our direction so early in the season-- we tend to get hit in August- September if we are going to.





I hope your travel goes smoothly- when do you actually start your trek? If I can find out anything more I%26#39;ll post it.




You are right, Lulu, Route 119 = route S goes from Aventura (I will have to find where... but the drivers are usually nice and willing to help) to.... South Beach. For the return, I will ask for the shuttle, more suitcases :)





I know that nasty hurricanes come mostly in Sept/Oct, but last year we got Dean in Aug, and I am not sure if it was in 2003 or 2004, we have been hit in July (forgotten her name, probably a girl LOL). And I just received from NOAA ';...BERTHA RACING WESTWARD OVER THE CENTRAL ATLANTIC...'; And Jeff from Wunderground says she might hit florida in 7-10 days. Let%26#39;s see. We are always on high alert here. So we will probably be soaked. Nice weekend in my room in Miami Hahaha!!!





I will be trekking from July 16 to 21. I will let you know. Thanks for your help.




If for any reason you do find the need for an alternative transport, I think the GO Van shuttle to S. Beach area is about $25pp. It%26#39;s the most economical non- public transport I can think of to that area- I think a taxi would be about $100.





This morning%26#39;s paper says Bertha is tracking a bit more westward than originally forecast, but expected to pose more of a threat to Bermuda than the US mainland. I guess we%26#39;ll all be keeping one eye on her- this sort of watchful waiting usually plays out over and over again all summer. We%26#39;re used to it, but it does unnerve people planning to travel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment