Sunday, April 15, 2012

Purchasing WDW Merchandise Found Only in Orlando

Found some great information on ';allears'; for ordering Disney merchandise from the WDW resort which cannot be found in the Disney Stores nor catalogs.





Here%26#39;s what Anita said:







';Almost anything that can be purchased in the parks%26#39; and resorts%26#39; gift shops can be purchased from home. Some exceptions include perishables (food items) and event-specific merchandise like Christmas Party shirts.





To order park merchandise from the Walt Disney World Mail Order Merchandise department, contact them via:





Phone: 407-363-6200



Fax: 407-352-6369



e-mail: wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com





Try to provide as much detail as possible to ensure you are sent the correct item. ';



Purchasing WDW Merchandise Found Only in Orlando


This is very true, Kat. The only thing to watch out for are the shipping rates.



To ship an item to Canada would have cost me $75 above the price of the item I wanted to purchase.



I would be very sure I had exhausted all other possibilities of finding the item elsewhere (Ebay), or made sure I REALLY wanted said item!



International shipping costs are absolutely outrageous!!



Purchasing WDW Merchandise Found Only in Orlando


Yes, I agree, the shipping can be insane. We found a picture frame at the Poly gift shop and never got back to buy it on that trip. I got a quote from the mail order department and I believe the shipping was $14.95 on a $19.95 frame. We waited until our next trip to buy the frame...too bad we had to plan another trip, just to save that $15 :)




When it comes to shipping I have found that if I have it shipped the cheapest way possible to my family in the lower 48 that they can then ship it to me cheaply. The problem is that some companies (Disney) use Fed Ex or UPS only and then only offer next day air to places outside of the US (yes Hawaii and Alaska are outside the US as far as they are concerned). It always comes out cheaper to have it shipped via family.




The Merchandise Mail Order Department has been around for many years -- dating back to 1981 when there were just two or three ladies working it. Their office was inside the Merchandise Division offices above the Emporium on Main Street, which is the same office I was in. My now 23 year old son was actually in the very first WDW merchandise catalog, wearing a Micky Mouse sleeper. The picture was taken on his first birthday. Boy, I feel old thinking abot that. ;)




i tried to go to the website but it doesnt seem to work!! is there any other places you can get disney merchandise from wdw besides orlando? ive been looking for years please help me!!!!!




The info kat gave was for items that you may have seen at WDW and would like to buy since you have returned home. If you know the items you%26#39;d like to purchase, you can send an e-mail or call



For General Disney Shopping try



www.disneyshopping.com




Here%26#39;s another interesting one for anyone interested in the shampoos, soaps, etc. at the Disney Resorts:



www.disneyresortcollection.com/index.aspx鈥?/a>







I also found a website a couple weeks ago that went out and bought the products that you wanted at the parks and then shipped them to you. I can%26#39;t say that I would endorse it, as I%26#39;ve never used it, but it is out there somewhere. Of course now I can%26#39;t find it!! If I stumble across it again, I%26#39;ll be sure to re-post.




Here%26#39;s another one



www.GoodyPak.com




Thanks all! Great websites provided especially disney resort collection...had no idea ';)




thanx i hope i can find some things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment