Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sonny's BBQ anyone?

Has anyone eaten in Orlando%26#39;s Sonny%26#39;s BBQ? Is it any good? My father loves BBQ and we wanted to take him and it sounds like a good place, but haven%26#39;t heard from anybody who has been there. Is there a better place for BBQ that not many people know about? Another place I look for was something like Bubbalou%26#39;s(if how that%26#39;s spelled).





If anybody can give me their advise in where to take him I%26#39;ll be very gratefull!





P.D. No Tony Roma we have one here in PR.





Thanks in advance



Sonny's BBQ anyone?


Sonny%26#39;s is a good chain. Has good variety. Something for everyone.



Sonny's BBQ anyone?


Marjorie,



I%26#39;ve been to the Sonny%26#39;s BBQ in Daytona and it%26#39;s pretty good. I like their ribs and sweet iced tea. It%26#39;s not my favorite BBQ because my dad doesn%26#39;t cook there... home cooking is always the best!



Anyway, I%26#39;m glad you posted because I%26#39;ve wanted to ask someone from PR how to spell %26#39;mufongo%26#39;...%26#39;moofongo%26#39;... you know that stuff they sell at stands everywhere? The stuff with the beef in it? I%26#39;m asking because they%26#39;re going to have a PR exhibit at Food %26amp; Wine in Epcot; my best friend is from Ponce, so I%26#39;ve had it plenty of times with her. But never knew how to spell it!! Sorry to ramble...



And thanks!




For fall off the bone delicious ribs, go to Texas Roadhouse. Sonny%26#39;s is okay, but they are the type you have to gnaw off the bone. Texas Roadhouse are the best we have ever eaten.




Have been to sonnys in Orlando a couple of times ( just north on OBT near the florida mall) I have always enjoyed it, mainly full of locals as opposed to tourists which is nice.





I will be returning on my next visit in September




Hi we enjoyed bubbalous bodacious bbq and would go back.





Not fancy - you order at a counter and eat at picnic tables. Very tasty food - i had the ribs.





friendly staff made a real fuss of our 2 year old, and very good value.





Seemed to be mainly locals.





Recommended!




Sonnys is a locals favorite in our city. We like the pulled pork on garlic toast. Their ribs are good and they have a salad bar thats pretty decent. They also serve a pretty good hamburger, just don%26#39;t order it well done or it will be on the dry side. Also TGI Fridays has great Jack Daniels BBQ Ribs.




I would have to 2nd bubbalous bodacious bbq over Sonny%26#39;s. Porky%26#39;s is also good.



Both have websites for your viewing pleasure.




Born with wheels





Please do tell me - what is pulled pork? I%26#39;m having visions of chefs having a tug of war over a bit of pork!!





Garlic toast, yummy, so it%26#39;s sounding half good already!




We always go to Bubbalous BBQ every year and it%26#39;s great we%26#39;re there for 2 weeks and we go atleast 4 times the food is great.




Pulled pork is like ....err hmmmm





the nearest word I can use to describe it is shredded.





Basically they take a piece of pork and pull it into little bits :-)


  • makeup skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment