Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NEW CONTEST! Win a Conch Republic Flag!

I%26#39;d love to know what the best HOUR you%26#39;ve had here was. DOing something, nothing, snorkeling, fishing, clubbing......and I%26#39;d like to invite Arnie67 to be guest judge this time.



Arnie%26#39;ll make the final decision by him/herself with no influence. Winner receives a new 3x5 foot Conch Republic Flag. I only ask that you fly it somewhere in your hometown and post it here later.



Thank you for playing!





NEW CONTEST! Win a Conch Republic Flag!


I%26#39;m going to disqualify myself, as I%26#39;ve already received a flag from KWT a while back (that is currently on display in the Philippines), but I want to add my 2 cents.





The best hour I had in Key West (that I can remember LOL) was having a certain couple take me to dinner at La Trattoria on my birthday this year, setting off a roman candle in my face (cleverly disguised as teramisu). I think Arnie knows about this incident. LOL



NEW CONTEST! Win a Conch Republic Flag!


That%26#39;s so cool Keith! Wow, best hour is hard to narrow down. I probably don%26#39;t qualify for this though.




My best hour was at Irish Kevins laughing so hard I broke the zipper on my pants and spent the next hour trying to find a pair of jeans that didn%26#39;t cost 80 dollars. Ended up buying a beach towel and wrapping it around my waist as a skirt for the evening.




Last Thursday we were at Capt Tony%26#39;s and I look over and see THE Capt. sitting on a bar stool...ON OXYGEN...grabbing the breasts of TWO different girls boobs and then yanking a shirt down on one to get a better look at what he%26#39;d just had his hand on.





That was classic and I almost pee%26#39;d my pants laughing. I told hubby that he%26#39;d better be that sexually deviant when he%26#39;s 92....




Conch Tale Hour at the Conch Republic hanging with all our KW friends old and new!




Ok, the BEST hour in Key West, I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;m allowed to describe on this site..but it was amazing!!!



So, the next best hour was walking around the Hyatt with my future husband and choosing the location where we will pledge our love to each other in front of all of the people most important to us. Just looking at the blue mojito beach and then the Marquessa room just made our upcoming day a reality for us and I cried after we left. Love is better the second time around! Whew whew!





BTW: We already have a Conch Republic flag on our deck, but we would gladly accept another one! Not so sure our story counts as the best for the judges...but it%26#39;s the best for us!




KWT,





I can%26#39;t write about my best hour here, but ill sit down later and write about my second best hour.





Tight Lines,



Bonez




Cool Beans!!! This will be fun!!




I guess mine would have to be about 20 min after getting married to my lovely wife Pam in May 2003. The wedding company arranged a pedicab ride for 30 minutes anywhere we wanted. It had a handmade j';Just Married'; sign attached to the back.





We had champagne in 2 glass flutes and about 10 min into the ride it started pouring down rain. It was warm and we were having the times of our lives. Folks were hollering at us and congradulating us up and down Duval. Mosy folks don%26#39;t like it when it rains on their wedding but that soaking rain made it so much more memorable.




I would have to say that it was 2 years ago. It was the 2nd time we had made a girls only trip to Key West (husbands not allowed). The first year we had spent an evening for my birthday at the bear bottom club listening to the dueling pianos and having a great time. This trip 2 of us were just hitting the Duval scene (prefer local which after 4 trips we feel we are)ha! and someone stopped us and said ';hey, you%26#39;re the girls from the piano bar last year....'; he also remembered our names. We knew we had a great time that night hanging out with the piano players...we just hadn%26#39;t realized that we had shared the good time with everyone else in the bar, though we should have realized on the first trip when we went in the bar our last night to say goodbye and almost everyone yelled '; it%26#39;s the girls from Ohio'; ..(we of course made them play ';hang on sloopy';. Well, this year I am taking my husband (1st timer) Nov. 6 - 10 for our anniversary and can%26#39;t wait to show him my favorite place (I told him I want to retire in Key West) Hope to see some people there %26amp; I would love to have a flag to fly back in Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment