Wednesday, March 28, 2012

7 day itenerary for hallmark Florida minus Orland

Hi;



There are so many great sights in Florida and so many good articles that I am at a loss how to set up my plan for Florida.



I am flying into Miami with my wife Oct 23 and leaving 30th of the month. This is my first trip there and pridictably my last, so I really wish to make the best of it.



I am not of the type going for activities but would rather walk, see, enjoy and admire in a relaxed manner. I am thinking of Key West, Everglades, Kennedy Space Center and Miami but nothing is definite. Orland is off the table ,with me having once been in LA.



Any suggestions or recommendations would be highly appreciated.



7 day itenerary for hallmark Florida minus Orland


Just so you know, Key West has their annual Fantasy Fest going on during your week. I%26#39;ve not been but heard it gets crazy and if you haven%26#39;t booked anything yet you may not be able to. See website for some info.



http://www.fantasyfest.net/





Would definitely recommend seeing the Keys but not the best time to go especially for a relaxed atmosphere. You could go to Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon. If you do go to KW, you may consider seeing the Dry Tortugas. If you%26#39;re into snorkeling/diving Key Largo has arguably some of the the best reefs in the world.





Everglades, Miami, South Beach are must sees. If you go to KSC than you should stop at Daytona Beach if you%26#39;ve never been.





I would suggest seeing the Keys, and Miami area before heading north, I think you will find it more interesting.



7 day itenerary for hallmark Florida minus Orland


Thanks a lot.



I looked into the website, which announces the schedule of Fantasy Fest until 26th Oct. So I presume Key West will be back to normalcy on 27th.



Do you think it is reasonable to tuck KSC into a seven day plan? If not, what would you recommend in its place?




I don%26#39;t know what the clean up is like after such a large event and there may be lingering refugees post party. You may want to ask the Key West Forum about going down to KW the week following FF. They will surely steer you in the right direction.





As far as KSC that%26#39;s a matter of opinion and interest. Some find it extremely interesting while others find it boring.





Other places of interest are St. Augustine (which is pretty far north), Sanibel Island and Sarasota. St. Augustine has so much history and quite a lot to do and see. It is quite a distance from Miami...probably between 5-6 hour drive. Sanibel and Sarasota are on the West Coast, quite relaxing and plenty of nature and wildlife.




Thank you for your informed advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment