Monday, April 23, 2012

Trip Report - finally I'm getting to it.

Happy 4th of July everyone!





We had a great time in Daytona Beach. I mentioned before that we drove this year. Left Thursday evening 6:15 drove straight through and arrived at our condo (Sandpoint) around 10:30 am Friday. The best part was that we were at the beach by noon. Still I%26#39;d much rather fly.





We did stop for breakfast in Georgia at a Waffle house. The food was OK, my hubby loved the grits, said they melted in his mouth. We had never tried Wffle house before.





We ordered carry out from Crabby Joes for dinner that first night. I had a salad with grilled tuna. It was bigger than I thought it would be. My mom and brother who are not seafood fans commented that it looked good. My husband had a poor boy sandwich, I think clam. That was tasty as well.





Saturday morning we went to the Daytona Beach Flea Market. We bought watermelon, corn on the cob (really good). My kids like to go to a particular vendor who always has lots of toys displayed, however they were disappointed because she was on vacation this time. The market is so big that we have never really checked it out in it%26#39;s entirety, too hard with the little ones and also it gets too hot.





We didn%26#39;t really do any other trips, mostly stayed at the beach and pool this year. Like London mentioned we had thunderstorms in the afternoon, usually after lunch. The sotrm would roll through and we would go back out. The beach patrol went through a few times stating the beach is closed because of the lightning. One day the storm came in pretty qucikly and it was comical watching everyone from our balcony do the scramble. A couple of unbrellas blew into the ocean. Someone%26#39;s boogie board blew way out of sight, it just tumbled and tumbled out to sea.





My hubby also did a half day trip on the Sea Spirit, again like London. It was the same price, $55, He really enjoyed it, the crew was helpful. He caught quite a few fish. He even won the ';pot'; for catching the largest on the boat that trip. We grilled them later that day. The shark tasted the best, which we found surprising as we thought the red snapper would be our favorite.





We also had dinner at Carribbean Jack%26#39;s, good food, live music. Another eveining we had dinner at Aunt Catfish%26#39;s and ate outside right in front of the live music. The food was good. I did have a margarita, but it wasn%26#39;t very good, being served in the jelly jar type glass just doesn%26#39;t seem right.





We found Mike%26#39;s Galley which Renata told us about. It is closed on Monday%26#39;s and no one was there on Tuesday (not sure why) so we almost gave up on it. We tried again on Thursday because we had breakfast at Crabby Joe%26#39;s and we purchased some cinnamon rolls to take back to my mom, brother and kids back at the condo. It ws yummy even though we were full.





Also had ice cream at Cow Lick%26#39;s.





We saw lots of small starfish amongst the seashells this year. Last year I found one pretty big size one that was purple underneath. This year there were so many small ones with a dark underside. Some day I will figure out how to post some pics.





Overall we had a good time with a lot of relaxtion. I read two books and my daughter finished one.







Trip Report - finally I'm getting to it.


Thanks for the report. I remember starfish coming in when I was a chld and my mom had this idea to dry them, she put them in a cereal box and on the drive home we had to dump them due to the stench.





I am missing being on the beach this July even though we live close, it is just not the same as waking up and looking out on the ocean!





I am glad you had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment