Monday, April 23, 2012

Holiday Inn Int. Drive - Tower or Block?? Which to choose

I have just booked to go back to the Holiday Inn on International Drive next June and am debating which accomodation to request. I have previously stayed in the smaller blocks and the room we had was lovely but on reading some of the reviews the tower rooms sound bigger and more modern. I only have one problem, my friend doesn%26#39;t like lifts so it would have to be on the first 3 floors ideally. Any advice gratefully received.





Cheers :)



Holiday Inn Int. Drive - Tower or Block?? Which to choose


No-one got any advice at all??





Please help!



Holiday Inn Int. Drive - Tower or Block?? Which to choose


Hi





If i went back to the Holiday Inn I think I would ask to stay in the rooms around the pool area. We found the Tower very noisy (although we did have the family from hell next door!).





The lifts were abit slow although I see you would probably be using the stairs. I think it all boils down to personal choice. Mine would be to stay in the rooms round the pool. Hope that helps!!!!




Can I just ask, do all the rooms in the smaller blocks look out round the pool, or do some look out onto the car park etc. We%26#39;re staying there for a few nights at the end of July and not sure whether I want to stay in the smaller blocks or in the tower rooms.





Cheers.




When we stayed in the blocks near the pool, we faced the car park at the rear, there was hardly any noise at all. We asked not to be facing the pool as we knew we would be on the ground floor and you would get more people walking past therefore more noise and curtains shut a lot of the time to avoid the fishbowl effect!




Thanks KR - think I%26#39;ll wait to see what we%26#39;re given then ask to change it if I%26#39;d rather stay in the other blocks Then again, we might be staying in the broom cupboard cause the woman at HI said because we were booking through a 3rd party site (travelrepublic) we%26#39;d be given the smallest cheapest room!!! I%26#39;d best not bring a lot of luggage then lol!




Tinks - I think I replied to your post about HI and Travel Republic, that%26#39;s exactly who we booked with last year for the HI and we had no trouble. We were given the same options as everyone that we saw check in before us - smoking or non-smoking, block or tower, two double beds or one kingsize. We were honestly treated the same.




Well thank you very muchly once again KR, your answers were greatly appreciated. I remember saying I wasn%26#39;t gonna stress about it, which I%26#39;m not really, but I am really reassured by your replies so I shall stress no more.





Thanks again.




We stayed here in the tower block and the room were absolutely fine. we had a room on the right of the tower as you look from I Drive. From our room you could see IofA and wet n wild (oh ok then I4 as well!!)





If going again wouldnt have any problme with requesting a twoer room

No comments:

Post a Comment