Wednesday, April 25, 2012

waterparks in january??

just wondering what your opinion on this was.... im travelling from 1st of jan to the 15th of jan, both hotels im staying at will have pools so i had originally decided not to bother with waterparks considering the time of year but i just wanted to know everyones opinion on this??





:)



waterparks in january??


I did go to a water park in January (Typhoon Lagoon) and it was absolutely miserable! The air was so cold I didn%26#39;t even want to get out of the water, so I spent most of the day in the wave pool and lazy river. I only had a few hours to ride rides during high noon and even then it felt chilly to me.





However, I am a Floridian. We tend to wear mittens and snow coats when it is 50 degrees outside. So, I don%26#39;t know what it would feel like to you. During the day in winter, our temperature almost never goes below 50. Usually it is in the 60s or 70s. Also the water is heated at all the water parks. So if it was a particularly warm day and you can stand the cold better than a Floridian you may be fine.



waterparks in january??


thats brilliant thanks so much, i think ill leave the waterparks as well always have the pool at the hotels if ther is a hot day :)




Hi we went to the water parks at Easter I was freezing I thought the water was cold




My son that was born in Alaska LOVES cold water and weather... go figure. Last Jan, when we were in Daytona Beach, he was splashing around in the ocean, NOT warm pools. Freak :)



Anyway, we too are going to Orlando next Jan. We are not planning on doing any water parks for the same reason. There%26#39;s a really cool pool with slides just a few feet from our room door.




We were in Cuba last February and we were frolicking in the ocean - and I can%26#39;t see the temps being much different in Orlando as it is very close geographically (although Cuba is a bit further south).





I personally would go to the water parks if the weather is warm enough - whatever your threshold is for swimming at home in the summertime, use that as a gauge for the temp you need in Florida. Make your decision according to the weather by checking the weather network 2 weeks prior. The average high in January is approximately 22 degrees. A little cool but bearable I think... Where I am in Canada, its minus 55 with the windchill in January.





www.weather.com

No comments:

Post a Comment