Wednesday, April 25, 2012

daytona 400 7/5/08

Ok we know absolutely nothing about Nascar (except there are fast cars). But we won a trip to the race Saturday. We%26#39;ll be bussed in from Orlando around 5p...then..??? Can ya%26#39;ll tell me ANYTHING to expect? We are used to crowds what with Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest and all, but what about bathrooms, food, drinks (other than beer..perhaps wine?..cheap is fine) We may have a specific area since Coke was a trip sponsor but I just don%26#39;t know. This should be a GAS, my brother is crazy jealous!



daytona 400 7/5/08


They have bathrooms, food and beer....I am not sure about the wine, but you could probably smuggle some in. Then you sit there and watch cars go around in a circle for 400 miles. I am always amazed that people find this interesting. I conclude that they must just sit there hoping for some horrid crash to break the boredom.





It was one of those things I did once, and I never, thankfully, have to do it again. I do hope you all have a great time.



daytona 400 7/5/08


Be prepared for massive crowds unlike anything you%26#39;ve ever seen at Mardi Gras.





Daytona Speedway is HUGE and I do mean HUGE and all those people in one place is an amazing site.





It%26#39;s likely to rain too, so go prepared to handle a massive thunderstorm if you must. There%26#39;s really no where to go for shelter with that many people around.




If you bring in beverages, make sure there is no glass. I believe you can bring in a six-pack type soft cooler, but check with the speedway.





The newer design of the cars seems to make the racing much better at the superspeedways.



There will be a couple hundred thousand people, but most everybody is there to have fun.



I also am crazy jealous, and I only live about sixty miles from the track.




I%26#39;m a huge Nascar, and I%26#39;ve been to Daytona International several times. I%26#39;m not going to this race though as the restrictor plate races tend to get boring. It will be HOT! So be prepared. You can take in a small soft cooler that will hold 6 cans. You may also take in a clear bag that would hold anything else you are bringing. The cars are extremely loud so you may want ear plugs. If you don%26#39;t love Nascar and know a lot about all the drivers you may find it boring. It%26#39;s kind of it%26#39;s own little world. Expect a bunch of drunk loud people. Everyone gets there really early and spends the day. They start drinking early. Also, like the previous poster said it%26#39;s likely to rain before the race. It seems to happen every year. There is plenty of food. There is beer but it%26#39;s all domestic. Bud light, Coors, etc........ They may have Corona this year not sure, but if you like GOOD beer you may want to bring your own. I%26#39;ve never seen wine at the track. If you%26#39;re in a suite or some place special there will probably be wine, but if you have regular seats I wouldn%26#39;t count on it. Every now and then there will be places serving daquiris or mojitos. Also, there will be a lot of merchandise trailers selling driver merchandise. Anyways, I hope you love! Many people do!!! Go Dale Junior!!! :o)




Good for you maria rn.....On July 5th this is my favorite place to be!



As another has stated you can take in any beverage you want as long as it%26#39;s in a plastic container.



That includes food and beverage.



We tailgate beforehand so don%26#39;t really take in anything more than snacks and drinks.



Wine will probably sold but I couldn%26#39;t tell you what kind or how much. Look at your package information to see if it includes a hospitality tent.





Bathrooms are plentiful and in very convienent locations.





If you think that NASCAR is just about 43 cars going around in a circle for 400 miles then I can see how that might be boring. Please go with an open mind that so many more things are involved.





It will be very crowded but everybody will be in a great mood.




We can%26#39;t wait to roam around and see all the sites, trailers etc. We won%26#39;t find out all the details til we check in Friday, then have a reception at Universal Nascar cafe.



So we could bring a box of wine? (I just don%26#39;t like beer) and some water? We would normally bring sandwiches etc (Mardi Gras style) but we are in a hotel and have no car for groceries etc.



How long does this race last? What is the milage of 1 lap?





thank ya%26#39;ll soooo much!




I didnt see any wine forsale when we went to the Daytona 500 in Feb, just the usual beer, coke, water etc... we took our own soft drink in though as its works out loads cheaper.





Loads of bathrooms, and they%26#39;ve always been in a reasonable state which is pretty remarkable considering there are 180,000 people there.





We like to spend a while walking round the trailers, trade stands etc, often there are freebies given out..





The car/driver%26#39;s to pick is the #24 Jeff Gordon or the #29 Kevin Harvick ,,, none of this #88 Dale Jr rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Hope you have a lovely trip.




Since Jackie directed you back to here....



Yes you can bring wine but I would encourage you to visit the tracks website to get the size restrictions. And remember, you have to carry what you bring in.



You%26#39;ll actually have an easier way in and out than we do, we%26#39;ll be parking and walking back and forth.





That does remind me, you will be doing a lot of walking so wear comfortable shoes...not a good day to break in new ones.





The trailers and the displays are a must!





And forget that Harvick nonsense.....Go Bowyer!!!!





Or to put it plainly if you want to get out alive....anybody but Kyle Busch!!





Pack you patience and you sense of humor and you%26#39;ll have a great time




Bowyer??? I dont think so lol!!!





I dont mind Dale Jr but cause my husband cheers for him i prefer not too!!! (we met him in Daytona in Feb and i have to say he was lovely..made my little boys day when he autographed his car).





I have a Harvick life size stand-up which my son uses as target practise when playing football!!




My son likes Harvick.....we don%26#39;t know where we went wrong.....he seemed so normal growing up too.....





Hubby was a Dale Sr fan and I was a Rudd fan so since meeting Richard Childress and being so utterly impressed with him.....we went with Bowyer.





I was with Sadler cuz he drove the M%26amp;M car and was eye candy along with it but alas that didn%26#39;t last.





Anyway maria, I hope you have a great time and enjoy the whole experience.





I%26#39;ll be on the backstretch on the very top row.

No comments:

Post a Comment