Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trying to plan relaxing vacation with toddler.

Hi all,

I%26#39;ve been reading on this forum and it seems like folks like Anna Maria Island or Marco Island for quiet vacations. I%26#39;m trying to plan a Novemberish vacation to Florida with my husband and 3 year old. We don%26#39;t want all the amusement parks, just a nice place to stay, good food, and peace %26amp; relaxtion, and we really want to experience warm weather and have some entertainment for our son.

Any suggestions on which place to stay at? Is November a good time to visit Florida? We are coming from the Pacific NW and want to get out of the snow for a good Winter break!

Trying to plan relaxing vacation with toddler.

With a 3 year old, i would keep it simple--- maybe think about a condo with a kitchen, so that you can spend more time at the beach, and not worry about having to get everyone ready and in the car to eat every meal. As far as which beach, just depends on what other activities you may enjoy: each beachtown has something unique to offer. November is a great time to visit florida.

Trying to plan relaxing vacation with toddler.

Hi Candice11 - I%26#39;ll let some locals comment on the November Marco weather (which I am guessing is warm, definitely warmer than WA). But I highly recommend Marco Island for a very relaxing, low key vaca with a 3 year old. Marco is a residential island with very few hotels. No amusement park but a very nice playground at Mackle Park and at Tiger Tail Beach. No mini-golf, etc. The beach is fabulous, one long continuous beach so your toddler can run and play. Good sand.

I recommend either the Marriott (if you prefer a hotel with amenities) or checking out www.vrbo.com or www.cyberrentals.com to look at either a private home rental or condo. Very few private homes on the beach but many condos are on the beach. Plus side to either of those is having your own space, kitchen, etc. Most home rentals have a private pool which is great. I%26#39;ve been taking my kids since they were infants and we always rent a home. Can be more cost effective, too.

Restaurants are kid-friendly, many are casual. There%26#39;s a nice Dollar Tree store on the island so you can load up on beach toys that you don%26#39;t have to drag back with you (many condos and homes have lots of toys for kids).

Let us know if we can help any more!


Thanks everyone for your insight. I was checking out condos on this site, but I will check out the links you provided too. Thanks so much for that.

We are definitely trying to keep it simple, we have a hectic life year round, so our idea of vacationing is laying pool side and stolling up %26amp; down the beaches. I almost want no tv, laptop, etc..but the tv will keep the 3 year old content some of the time. Great idea for the dollar store, I didn%26#39;t even think of that! That will be on our list.

I%26#39;ll do some more homework, and if I have any more questions I know where to ask! Thanks again!


Umberella Beach Resort on Anna Maria Island is a great family friendly place. I take my grandchildren there whenever we can, beach is right across the street and unit is large and comfortable even has a garage to store sandy gear.


Oh Marco is so relaxing...but isn%26#39;t that somewhat of an oxymoron, a relaxing vacation with a 3 year old??? Yikes!! Marco is an incredible place! I hope it works for you!


I know...it%26#39;s a contradiction in itself! But...we still need a vacation away from home.


I understand and if relaxing is what you%26#39;re looking for, Marco is it! It%26#39;s an amazing place with incredible sunsets. Witness one first hand (with the 3 year old in tow) and then tell us what you think.

  • .net
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment