Monday, April 23, 2012

Is there a good curry house around Ormond Beach?

I might be assuming, but it seems to me that Americans aren%26#39;t that keen on curries.





Please prove me wrong and suggest a good Indian restaurant. We have just bought a house in Ormond Beach - we close tomorrow (exciting!)- and I am sorting out my priorities! We can go out as far as New Smyrna if there are some there or in Daytona.





Or just general opinions/suggestions welcome.





Diana



Is there a good curry house around Ormond Beach?


ptbird66--my opinion is the same as yours ( I%26#39;m ex UK). Americans generally don%26#39;t know a good curry when they see one, which is unlikely anyway as Indian restaurants are few and far between. I live near Sarasota/Bradenton and there%26#39;s an Indian restaurant in Sarasota which claims, in the yellow pages, to be the number 1 in the areaa. It has to be as it%26#39;s the only one and is not very good. I%26#39;ve given up looking and make my own now. Good luck.



Is there a good curry house around Ormond Beach?


PS to above reply. No insult to Americans intended by the way. We Brits have curry as a way of life due to our kind of multicultural society, Americans have Mexican food in the same context. I like that too !




Thanks guys - I hope I didn%26#39;t offend anyone - horses for courses and all that - personally I can%26#39;t stand sushi but loads of Brits love it.





My bloke does make an excellent curry - maybe that is an idea for a business opportunity......





Any Americans love a Ruby? (Ruby is cockney slang for Curry - as in Ruby Murray)




I%26#39;ve already considered setting up a small ruby house and calling it ';ali%26#39;s';---Andy%26#39;s Little Indian !!




Spooky - my bloke is called Andy too - perhaps we could have a Gulf/Atlantic franchise!




Hi all...





I saw an Indian place, Neelam (maybe?)...I was sooo excited to see it because I had never noticed it before...It was south of ISB on A1A...it was on the right heading towards the Shores...don%26#39;t know if it is good or not because while I was visiting I had to hit all of my favorites first and never got a chance to go back...Never got to try Tandoori Grill (something like that) either on ISB...Try them out and let us know!!!




I had some amazing indian food today, Tandoori Grill on ISB near beach street. I ate the chicken tikka masala and had it done medium. Man was it amazing!!! the Bombay Curry spices were phenominal, the service was fantastic, and I will be a regular there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment