Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trip Report

Okay everyone, I am back from PCB relaxed and ready to give you my trip report. Sorry if it gets too long, but there is a ton of information to tell.





We left home at 6:00 a.m. on the 25th after getting little to no sleep the night before because of a huge thunderstorm. The trip down was smooth and we made it in a little less than 7 hours. Panama City Beach has changed so much since I was there three years ago. Most of the Mom and Pop places have been torn down and replaced with nice new condominiums. I think the change is for the better. It was exciting driving down the strip for the first time and seeing all of the changes. The only thing I want to add about the new developments is that there are two HUGE condominiums that have been built right beside Pineapple Willy’s. I do not see how there is doing to be any room at all to move on the beach when these places open. I would never stay in either for that reason.





We stayed at Pinnacle Port, which is in the gated community of Carillon Beach. Pinnacle Port is an older condominium but our room was great. The rooms are done with an upstairs and a downstairs with a balcony facing the ocean and another facing Lake Powell (if you have a fisherman in your family, they let you fish off of the dock). Being the end of the season, there were times when my husband and I were the only people on the beach. There are no other condominiums around, just beach houses. The larger pool is great. It is indoor/outdoor, but they left the sides open for the week we ere there. If you felt like you had been in the sun too long, you could swim in the shade. The pool is a lot deeper than it says it is though. I am about 5’7” and I was standing on the tips of my toes in the “5 ft.” area. We never went over to the other pool. There was construction going on (replacing windows) that woke us up on some mornings, and got a little loud by the pool, but my husband and I didn’t see it as a big deal.





We ate at Pineapple Willy’s on Saturday– H had the ribs and I had the grouper basket (no complaints). We had Hungry Howie’s delivered on Sunday – We loved it. Great Pizza and great prices. On Monday we went to Tony Roma’s – H had the all you can eat ribs (Monday’s only $18.99) and I had a steak – H considers this the best meal of the week. Tuesday, I cooked. Wednesday, we ate at Spinnaker’s Paradise Grill – I had the Paradise Burger which is huge and delicious, and H had the grouper basket. Thursday, we ate at Hammerhead Fred’s – We both ordered ribs and were a little disappointed with the service and the food. And Friday night, we ate at the Boatyard – I love this place. H got the seafood platter and I got the grilled chicken (Wonderful food, service and atmosphere).





Activity wise, we played five games of Putt Putt Golf – two at Pirates Cove and three at Coconut Grove. We went to the Ripley’s museum which was fun for us, but if you have kids, I would not recommend it (tons of reading). H fished off the dock at Pinnacle Port. We went bowling/played pool/played arcade games at Rock It Lanes. Went to see Halloween (Yikes!) at the new Cinema in Pier Park – which was the coolest theater I have ever been in. And last but certainly not least, we went on the Sea Screamer Sunset Cruise – Beautiful and a ton of fun.





Sorry about the length – If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer.



Trip Report


Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation! I miss PCB so much, can%26#39;t wait to go back. I%26#39;m sure it is not very crowded this time of year-wish we could go now.





I totally agree with you about the new condos going up by Pineapple Willy%26#39;s. I cannot imagine how crowded the beach is gonna be in that area. I would be devestated if I owned a condo in that area. Plus, how are they ever going to fill those rooms at that huge place Fisherman%26#39;s Wharf, right?)





Thanks for a great trip report!



Trip Report


My daughter and I just returned also on Labor Day. We were very disappointed - could not find anywhere to eat breakfast besides McDonalds. Pineapple Willy%26#39;s was overpriced and overated--we had a delicious meal at Tony Roma%26#39;s for $20.00 less (ribs). Did not like the fact you had to drive forever just to get somewhere to eat or shop. No sidewalks to even walk on Front Beach Rd. The most enjoyable part of the trip was the beach. Never going back again.




I%26#39;m sorry that your trip with your daughter wasn%26#39;t any fun. I honestly can%26#39;t complain one bit about my vacation. Breakfast wise, I forgot to mention that we ate at Mike%26#39;s Dinner one morning which was a pretty good Breakfast. Mike%26#39;s couldn%26#39;t beat our local place here though. We also picked up a dozen doughnuts at Thomas%26#39;s one morning - very good!




The All Americian Diner has a great all you can eat breakfast bar. Also a new breakfast place on MIddle Beach Rd is Annother Broken Egg restaurant. We like the All Americian Diner all you can eat breakfast and we can make it to the evening meal after that.




Really enjoyed reading your trip report, glad ya%26#39;ll enjoyed it. We like the west end of PCB also.




mistyhall02-



Glad you had a great trip! What is it about the theater that makes it so cool?




Misty



hi I%26#39;m glad you had a safe and wonderful trip Great trip report it also looks like it was just two of ya%26#39;ll sounded very romantic




boy do %26#39;I%26#39; need to bookmark your activity agenda ! ,, ,thats quite nice, didnt sound like you had much beach time, I think as we get into /near my 50%26#39;s , the W and I will probably steer away from a majority of our trip being just the sun and beach part of it ... we tend to just detox at the oceanfront, and not do too much else !! ,,, but like I said I sure need to remember things like the screamer sunset cruise - and Pier park too! wow - heck when we were there in May, Margaritaville was not built yet... how much more to go at the new Pier park? - our resort is not more than 1/4 mile from there ....




Me and the hubby are heading down Saturday. Can someone tell me where Thomas%26#39;s Doughnuts and Boondocks are?? thanks!! Cant wait to see those beautiful beaches!!




Keep going west on Front Beach Road... toward Laguna beach and Sunnyside beaches ..its a nice ride and you%26#39;ll find Mikes Diner out this way , and if you make it all the way west you%26#39;ll come back into Back Beach Road (StateRoute 98)





Winn Dixie; Publix and Bayou Bills seafood house is on/near the intersection. We loved Byou Bills crab legs - get there when they open - 5pm daily





the actual address is :





19208 Front beach road



Thomas Donut and Snack shop







and if you%26#39;re staying well east of that , say Back Beach Road exits A,B,C ... Check the MAP out on the web thread below







you might just wanna give them a call and check those hours - maybe be 1st in line for the freshest ones !!





850-234-8039





see this online MAP !!!





www.emeraldcoastmap.com/ecmap_front2007.html

No comments:

Post a Comment