Wednesday, April 25, 2012

VRBO 34302 Edgewater ripoff!

Do not rent this condo from Anna Costine. I rented it for my daughter and her husband who got married on 9/9/06. They went down on 9/10/06 and discovered huge cockroaches in the condo! I called Anna Costine and she said to rent another condo from Edgewater, and she would issue a refund. I called the Edgewater rental office, and paid for another condo that is very nice with black leather furniture and flat panel tvs (with no roaches). Today, 9/13/06, I called Anna to inquire about the refund, and she said she has changed her mind, and will not be issuing a refund. I did a little checking and found out that she%26#39;s a realtor in Tallahassee. Edgewater told me that they cannot do anything since the condo is being rented by a private owner. Visa cannot do anything since it was an authorized withdrawal on my card. So at this point, I have paid out $2,000 for a honeymoon for my daughter and her new husband. I can only hope that sometime there will be justice for people like Anna Costine.



VRBO 34302 Edgewater ripoff!


Hi



I rented from her at Long Beach in August. I was VERY disappointed as well. The carpet was FILTHY, the kitchen door had food splattered all over it and when we took back the bedspread there was socks from the previous guest. I then proceeded to look under the beds since I had 2 small kids with me and there were pop cans and trash. I emailed her and all she could say was sorry ';I will talk to my cleaning lady'; I will not rent from her again. I have rented on VRBO tons of times with no problem until now. I was not expecting anything in return but she did not seem to care at all. There were 10 BIG problems with the condo and she just did not seem intrested.



VRBO 34302 Edgewater ripoff!


Wow! Sounds similar to the Joni%26#39;s Beach Rentals problems! Guess we should all add Ms. Costine to our list. Is there a way to start a ';black list'; about these types?




Update: I received a letter from Anna on 9/17/2006. She said she will not even be sending me my $100 deposit back because they did not leave all the keys (they left both keys in the condo) and they did not take out the trash. My daughter said she left a soap-box in the bathroom trash where she washed her hands. Anna also said that if I tried to sue her for a refund and won, she would report me to the credit bureau as an unpaid debt, and that no matter what she would get her money back. I have to say that I am in shock over this woman%26#39;s treatment! I feel so helpless and depressed that she can do this and there is basically nothing I can do about it.




Chatt



I guess she is a hypocrite then because I told her how filthy her condo was and listed all of the problems and all she told me was sorry she would talk to the cleaning lady. I would report her to the BBB, she is running a business and what she did was not right. I will NEVER rent from her again...Did you pay with a credit card???? If so you may have some recorse with them...Not a good way to do business Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Chatt



I forgot, if you know a lawyer I would have them send her a letter, I would pursue this if I were you $1100.00 is alot of money to loose..The crap about reporting you for an unpaid debt. I honestly dont think she could do that.




Chatt,





I used to work as a loan officer and to my knowledge, the only way a business or person can report you to the credit bureau is if they take you to court and get a judgement against you for it. If you take them to court and win, they cannot get a judgement. Unless the laws have changed in the past 6 years, you should be safe to refuse payment.





If you contact her again, please tell her to hop on this forum and see what a bad reputation she%26#39;s getting. Maybe she%26#39;ll be nicer in the future. Stranger things have happened!





Good luck!



Netter




thanks for the post-I will be sure to steer clear of this one!! As far as this lady reporting you to the credit bureau-if this charge is on your credit card then it has been paid to her by the card company, the only one that could turn you over for non-payment would be the credit card company. I would do everything in my power to get my money back. I would also report her to the better business bureau and anyone else that would listen! (does she own the condo and rent it personally or is she renting this out for someone, since she is a realtor?) I guess you could not repport her to BBB if she is renting it personally.Good luck to you-I hope it all works out.






Send your compalint to VRBO.com. webmaster@vrbo.com





They have a policy that if they receive complaints from multiple guests, they will kick them off the site and not let them advertise anymore.





And the next time your family wants to visit Panama City Beach, call me, VRBO #%26#39;s 3755, 5947, and 48293, 83893, no roaches I PROMISE!





Christine




Update - I have filed a complaint with the BBB against her realty company. The owner called me to let me know that this property is a personal venture through Anna, and has nothing to do with them. He (Pedro) said she just works there part-time and he has not seen her in a long time. He said the situation sounds very bad, and did not seem very surprised. I also filed a complaint with VRBO. I am waiting for their reply.




I am so sorry to hear this. I hate to hear of anyone being done wrong, and I know how frustrated you must be. I would take her to small claims court if I were you. Bummer about not getting the deposit back as well. : ( Sorry to hear this. I will be sure to let all my friends I work with know about this, as I know a lot of people who rent through VRBO and stay at edgewater. Not ditching Edgewater, but, not to stay with her or her condo!

No comments:

Post a Comment