Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I 65 North of Montgomery Construction?

My buddy just went to Destin last Saturday and is in the process of getting home today. Is traffic miserable around Prattville, just north of Montgomery? I%26#39;m heading down next Sunday and wondered if I should plan a detour.



Thanks in advance for your help.



I 65 North of Montgomery Construction?


Hi, I live south of Montgomery, go to Prattville every couple of months. I have never had to sit in traffic, even when construction was at its height. I don%26#39;t think you have anything to worry about, but here is the phone number for the State Trooper office from Birmingham to Montgomery. (334) 270-1122. You could surely check with them about road conditions and expected delays, accidents, etc. Hope this helps and have a great time.



I 65 North of Montgomery Construction?


Thanks so much for your reply. I had a feeling he just had a bad traffic day, but I wanted to at least check things out. I appreciate your help!




Update on construction: The Montgomery Advertiser has a news report today stating: Starting Monday the 1-65 Northbound entrance and exit ramps will be closed for 35 days at the Southern Bypass, Fairview Avenue, and Edgemont Avenue exits. Northbound only will be affected at this time, with the Southbound exits on schedule to close when these are completed. This will encompass 4.6 miles of Interstate 65. Sounds like traffic may slow down after all.




Darn! I guess construction is a fact of life. Any suggestions on how to get around it, or should I just try to have a good attitude? US 31 from Prattville to the Southside of Montgomery?



thanks!




31 to Southern Bypass in Montgomery is definitely and option. Just the northern ones will be closed first, so you should be able to get off in Mtgy, but getting on when you come back will be the challenge. You can get on I85 in Mtgy and connect to I65 heading back to Prattville. You get on I85 at Taylor Road in Mtgy, off of Hwy 231.




Tennessee Dept of Transportation lists ongoing construction on their website so I google Alabama Dept of Transportation and found this:



http://www.progress65.com/





It gives construction info and alternate routes.




Should be I ';googled'; Alabama Dept of Transportation. Sorry.




THANKS so much! We are leaving here Sunday morning and should be hitting Prattville around late afternoon. Based on your help, it likes I will take the bypass to the South side of Montgomery. SURE appreciate your help.




After checking maps and reading all of the posts, I%26#39;m thinking that we should be fine, traveling south 65 heading to Destin, probably on July 3rd, 4th, or 5th. Am I missing anything? It doesn%26#39;t seem like it%26#39;s anything to be concerned about...





I%26#39;m not concerned about the north bound trip on the 12th, as our vacation will be over and who cares how long it takes to get back home...




We are nearing Montgomery now on our way to Destin. I will update you when we get closer and let you know how road conditions are at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment