Wednesday, March 28, 2012

new dilemma

First of all, I hope all of you Florida residents are staying safe during this storm.





I have posted before about my dilemma of my family%26#39;s post cruise Christmas stay. I have added to my dilemma so I will just copy and paste what I just posted on the ';not so frequently visited'; Cocoa Beach forum. Please see below and feel free to give honest comments.





I currently have two reservations for my post-cruise Christmas stay in Florida.



One at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach and one at the Cocoa Beach Doubletree. We are a family of four: Mom, Dad, 20 YO DD, and 10 YO DS.





We can only afford one room (intracoastal view)at the FL Courtyard but last night just playing around, I was able to reserve the Cocoa Beach Doubletree OCV concierge level adjoining or adjacent rooms at a price that allowed me to book 2 rooms. The concierge level includes: guarantee top floor and key only access, breakfast, evening cocktails and snacks. There is also no charge to park as opposed to $20+ at the Courtyard.





My dilemma is that I am worried that there will not be enough to interest us in C.B. that time of year AND I am worried that the difference in temperature might be surprisingly significant. Any thoughts? Do the beaches compare?



new dilemma


Cocoa Beach is boring in the winter IMO, some bars and restaurants close early and some just close period. We have always found there to be a significant difference in the temperatures between central and southern Florida in the winter months, which is why we decided to venture south many years ago, we have never looked back.



new dilemma


suewick is correct - we get cold spells around Christmas sometimes, so your odds of better weather is further south - Lauderdale. I have stayed at that Courtyard and it is really nice....The Lauderdale beaches are great also.....




No cold spells allowed this Christmas!!!!!!





Thanks for the advice!




I have stayed in Central Florida in December more than a few times.... the range was.....One year in the 50%26#39;s and 60%26#39;s...another year low 80%26#39;s throughout. I wouldn%26#39;t gamble if you are going for Sun and Beach. Go as far south as possible. Be aware it can get chilly in Lauderdale as well in December. However I have had plenty of weeks in Lauderdale during the winter months where there was a 20+ degree difference between Lauderdale and Orlando.


  • eye brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment