Friday, March 30, 2012

Around Tampa where to go for beautiful sea/beach?

I really like the sea where I can see the bottom clearly. My friends suggested going to the Keys. But I don%26#39;t know where to go in the Keys or how to go to the Keys.





Do I really have to go all that distance for nice beaches/swim experience??



Around Tampa where to go for beautiful sea/beach?


Plenty of great beaches on the Gulf Coast, and different types of experience. If you want quiet old Florida then maybe Anna Maria Island; if more lively then maybe St Petes or Clearwater.



Around Tampa where to go for beautiful sea/beach?


The keys do not have very many good beaches. :o( The keys are good for snorkeling, diving, and fishing, but they are not known for ';beaches';. I%26#39;m not sure how clear the bottom will be in the Gulf either. I mean you can see the bottom, but it%26#39;s not like the crystal clear blue/green water you see in Mexico or the Carribean. It just depends on where you go, the tide, etc. Don%26#39;t get me wrong.......the beaches on the Gulf are beautiful. I would suggest trying Siesta Key (Sarasota) or Clearwater. :o)




Fort De Soto Park in St Petersburg has a beautiful beach. Because the beach doesn%26#39;t face directly into the Gulf and is more protected, the water tends to be calmer and clearer than the Gulf beaches, although not *crystal* clear all the time. You can usually see your feet in the water. The sand is nice and soft, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment