Friday, March 30, 2012

Car Rental Companies @ JAX ~ Who Would You Recommend?

Hi ~ hubby and I will be traveling to Jacksonville soon for a week stay and would like opinions on who is the best to rent a car from? We will be traveling a bit in the car to several locations.





Last 2 times I rented from Avis (at Miami International) it was a nightmare to say the least. Cars were either filthy inside and out, was out of windshield washer fluid, low on oil, stuff broken inside and not operating, staff uneducated and slow....etc. Lines were LONG despite having reservations (ex: those arriving without previous reservations VS those that reserved a car in advance).....we all stood in the same line for over an hour.





I%26#39;ve rented from other companies @ other airports and had mixed reviews. So now I was wondering who you would rent from at JAX?



Car Rental Companies @ JAX ~ Who Would You Recommend?


Hello BDB,



We have all the car rental companies in Jacksonville. Haven%26#39;t heard anything bad about any of them. Would just go by price, or rewards if the incentive is great enough. When I%26#39;m traveling, I frequently end up with National, but not always. If you will be picking up and returning the car in Jacksonville, Enterprise may (or may not) be the cheapest.



Spirit



Car Rental Companies @ JAX ~ Who Would You Recommend?


We%26#39;ve hood luck with Hertz. Only problem is that they maek rent a GPS if ou want one. So last month when we went to FRance and Ialy for a week, we just wemt ahead and bought one with European maps preloaded. It would jas $200 to rent from Hertz, nd we boutht our Garmn nuvi for $400.00, so we felt as though we made a wise purchase. Probably saved saved our marriage, too!!





Have a good trip!





vikci




Wondering? Are the car companies right there at the airport or do we have to shuttle like at Miami International? That is always so messed up.





Spirit and Vicki, thanks bunches!!!!




Oh, My Gosh,.BeeDeeBee.



I just read over my post and it looked like a first grader wrote it! It was almost 2am, I was extremely tired having been up at the crack of dawn. I hope you could actually understand the gibberish that was in the post. Good heavens.





Anyway, the care rental places are mostly right there at the airport. Sometmes you can also go online and get coupons and specials, and I%26#39;ve also seen some pretty good savings certficates from Ebay.





So...please ignore that last (utterly embarrasing post! But I will say that if you do want a GPS, buying it if you%26#39;re in the postition to do that is a much better deal.





Please feel free to ask any further questions, and I%26#39;ll try to answer them earlier in the day before my brain shuts down. And I don%26#39;t even drink!!!





Take care,





Vicki




I have never had a problem with any, but I usually use Enterprise. Jacksonville is a much smaller airport than Miami, and the shuttles just travel a few minutes.


  • eye brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment